Archdiocesan Pastoral Institute was founded by the Archbishop of Zagreb, Cardinal Josip Bozanić on October 3, 2007, on the ninth anniversary of the beatification of Cardinal Aloysius Stepinac, and it was opened on November 6 of the same year.
It was envisioned as a new meeting place of the Church of Zagreb and as an instrument of synodic renewal of our archdiocese. The Institute is a teaching and educational, and if necessary, research institution of the Zagreb Archdiocese.
The Institute has four halls and thirty-nine guestrooms: Vijenac Hall with a total of 300 seats (210 stalls and gallery 90 seats).
Hall I, on the ground floor of the Institute, is a multipurpose hall with a maximum capacity of 130 seats. Hall II is on the first floor of the Institute with an amphitheater seating style and 110 seats. The hall is audio-visually connected to Vijenac Hall. Hall III, on the first floor of the Institute, can hold meetings for groups of up to 20 participants.
Space for guest accommodation is located on the second and third floor of the Institute and can receive a total of 55 guests. All rooms are equipped with the latest digital technology for all types of presentations and other events, and all the halls and rooms have Wi-Fi access.
The three fields of interest of the Institute are:
- formation of the ordained and non-ordained church officials and associates
- family and family issues
- dialogue with the modern world.
Programs that are currently taking place at the Institute:
- continuous theological and pastoral formation of presbyters
- Deacon pastoral year
- formation of permanent deacons
- continuous formation of permanent deacons
- Communion distributors
- programs for lay students preparing for church services
- parish Caritas workers' meetings
- spiritual formation of youth animators
- discussion panels Common views
- discussion panels Unity in Diversity
- continuous theological and pastoral formation of catechists
- promotion of the formation of the laity
- Natural Family Planning
- social discussion panels
- Seminars on Christianity and New Age
- Discussion panels Theological Thursday
Address: Kaptol 29a, 10000 Zagreb
Phone: +385 1 552 2000
Fax: +385 1 552 2022
Director of the Archdiocesan Pastoral Institute: Rev. Ivan Lukić